Thanks to everyone who came out for the 4th Annual Month of Modern Events in October! In addition to having a good time with friends, we brought together many people who want to cultivate a conversation about Colorado modern, and present the Boulder region as one of the nation’s most vibrant hubs of modern design.
Kick OffOur Kick Off featured Pecha Kucha style presentations, with host Jay Ferracane (owner of Angry Bovine Studio and founder of “Caffeinated Mornings” ) included eclectic and energizing speakers representative of our 2017 theme: Design That Delights!
Special thanks to our moderator and amazing group of panelists
Jay Ferracane – Angry Bovine
Katie O’Block – Galvanize
Michael Cody – Gates Corporation
Andy Stone – Emerson Stone
Leah Brenner Clack – And Art Space
Harvey Hine – HMH Architecture + Interiors
Lentine Alexis – Chef
The Artisan Shop’s educational session focused on modern design materials and their characteristics. Discussion topics included design applications for aluminum, glass and high gloss acrylic.
bldg. collective hosted Koolhaas HouseLife examining the daily life of one of the recent masterpieces of architecture: The House in Bordeaux, designed in 1998 by Rem Koolhaas/OMA.
Cambria® gave a us foundational understanding of the characteristics and applications of quartz surfaces. We learned how quartz slabs are created, along with templating options and processes.
Porcelanosa’s Ventilated facade is a cladding system with an air cushion behind providing a drainage, ventilation and thermal solution. The system can reduce energy costs by 30 percent.
The Building Process
Building a new home is a significant undertaking with a multi-staged process requiring the collaboration of many people. Our panel included a Realtor, Architect, Interior Designer, Landscape Architect and a Builder.
From vivid blue and digital green, to high-def yellow and rusty auburn, the Sherwin-Williams 2018 Colormix® Color Forecast exhibited three unique color palettes that draw from emerging global trends.
Wrap PartyIf you weren’t among the people who came to our Wrap Party on 10/26/17, you were missed and you missed out! What a shindig. With an incredible menu of small bites from Blackbelly, a great beer selection, good wine & champagne, and amazing sweets from Studio Strongwater, it was THE place to be.
Special thanks needs to be given to a few key people for making the Wrap Party even more fun and successful.
- Joe McGuire Design for helping get the creative juices flowing on how to style the venue. Also for bringing the cool Riva 1920 Clothespin bench.
- The AIAS, CU Boulder group for lending creativity by painting the 4×4′ geometric artwork hanging throughout the space.
- Rifugio Modern, Rule Gallery and Jennifer Egbert for providing the decadence. “The Refuge” lounge was thick with moodiness and a popular place to get some respite from the dance floor.
- DJ Elise and Clark Smith of Dynohunter for throwing down and making the dance party happen.
- Blackbelly for the incredible menu of small bites
- Great beer from Finkel & Garf, good wine & champagne from the Boulder Wine Merchant and amazing sweets from Studio Strongwater